1967 Newport Convertible Project

Erik@LCD

Lookin' for Traction
Just picked up a 1967 Chrysler Newport Convertible for a 12v conversion. Plan is to bag it, semi-flat the outside, pimp up the inside and run 12's at 25+ MPG. Should be interesting.
I set up a blogspot to document the build check it out!

Rattle Rod

Thanks man! With the new smog BS its getting too hard to have too much fun with our trucks, so I figured maybe we could put something cool together and use it for GoodGuys/ SEMA, that kind of thing.

Think I may bail on the bags, at least in the front. Torsion bars ride well enough and will sit pretty low. Looking into the police package t-bars now. Otherwise I am gonna have to call Art Morrison for a front cradle/steering assembly

You got lucky with being able to fit that 12v under the hood! Finding space in an engine compartment for a diesel conversion is a difficult task. Trust me, I know. I'm attempting to drop a duramax in my '67 camaro.

Good luck and keep taking pictures!

Thanks guys. Got some more pics up that show the crossmember fabrication in process. Should have the steering mounted up tonight.

steering is done! Motor and trans are sitting in place and the fab for the motor mount should be done tomorrow. Got some new pics up on the blog too.

Check the blog: Rattle Rod
Got all the fab done and the motor re-gasketed. Pics of turbo and hx-40 pipe in place before I tore it all down again. The pipe off the donor truck actually fits!
WhuFjVba_p9vsT2Gj5gWiQ

looking good. keep up the hard work. Cant wait to see it rolling down the road.

more updates on the site

We got the front done, suspension in, engine and trans are in. Head is back from the machine shop. We'll be building the 9inch this weekend and then a driveshaft asap. Things are rockin!
June%206%20update%20015.jpg

Just picked up a 1967 Chrysler Newport Convertible for a 12v conversion. Plan is to bag it, semi-flat the outside, pimp up the inside and run 12's at 25+ MPG. Should be interesting.
I set up a blogspot to document the build check it out!

Rattle Rod

Nice work Eric! Nice to see someone else is into non traditional 12 Valve conversions...

That thing is sweet, i had a 67 newport when i worked at the dealer ship we fit a whole 64 chevelle front clip on the roof one weekend along with a trunk full of big block chevy stuff coming back from a swap meet that thing was a land lot ,fun times, cant wait to see it person

If I can get it mobile, I am going to trailer it up for the July event.

Lots more progress

We have come a long way. Diff is built and in, cooling system is complete. Dash made it back into the car today. I am really pushing to have it running for Redding.
P-YjZCcnjPe61dSNoF54Ng