1978 VW Autocross Rabbit.

MD-LUCKY

Difficult To Pronounce...
This is for sale. Again.

If you don't have the cash, don't waste my time. I've sold it twice now, and both times they havn't come up with the cash. Please.

It is set up for autocross. As far as I'm concerned, it is a 30 year old racecar, but you can daily drive it on the road too. It would need a new battery tie town and radiator tie down to be race legal as far as I know. I don't think it needs anything else to race.

It has drilled rotors, a roll bar, it looks lowered (don't know much about the springs), the tires are in good shape, supposedly it has a swapped head that ups the compression. For you VW guys, I guess this is somewhat common.. Its a 1.8 head on a 2.0 block, or something like that? I have rewired a few things, but the wiring could use a little more attention. The tach works great now, but the other after-market gauges need to get their final connections to work right. I have all the parts needed to do that exact an adapter.

I did not do the work to the car, so I don't know much about it. It is sold entirely AS IS and HOW IS.

Buy it as a really fun PROJECT. It gets fantastic mileage, and if you want you could use it as a commuter. I don't want anyone buying this thing and thinking it is something it isn't. Any questions, don't hestitate to ask.

Pictures:

MVC-526F.jpg

MVC-525F.jpg

MVC-524F.jpg

MVC-523F.jpg

MVC-520F.jpg

MVC-519F.jpg

MVC-521F.jpg

I would like to get about $750 out of it, but I will consider offers!

I would also consider trades for 2nd gen items. Injectors, Smarty, Turbo + my $$, etc. etc. I'm VERY open to ideas.

Car is located in Moscow Idaho - 83843.

I would buy this thing but it's so far away. Let me see after my truck gets sold and I get my new toy.

Back