1981 Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler (Good 4bt Candidate)

turbogmc

POWER JUNKIE
I have decided to put up for sale my 81' Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler. It has the 4.2 6 cyl. w/holley 450 cfm. 4bbl and offenhauser intake,(i dont think motor or trans are original). It has a 5 spd manual trans, has full hard doors, Bestop bikini top, brand new Bestop Supertop and 2 pc. soft doors where you are able to take the top half of the door off to make a set of half doors. I also have a complete donor motor(smaller 6 cyl i think but not sure) with 2 bbl original carb set up to convert back to stock. It has a new 4" Spring lift with new springs/shocks/etc. It also has brand new 33" all terrain tires with new black spoke wheels. This Jeep is in good original "Driver" condition. It is not a show truck by any means but is nice and solid and no noteable rust to speak of as it has been stored inside during the winters its whole life. It currently has the crappy original front seats, a later model non-matching rear seat but i just picked up a nice front and rear set of tan colored jeep seats and seat belts from a 95' wrangler that go with. It is the original black color with the original light and dark orange factory decals. Basically, it would be a super easy restoration if you desired especially since you can buy every single part for these online but right now it is just too good of shape to bother with it yet. I bought this with the intention of doing a 4bt swap but just dont have the time because i have decided to button up 2 other projects (93' dodge reg cab and 69 Hemi Roadrunner) and it's time to send this off to someone who is nuts about jeeps to give this the attention it deserves. Anybody who is familiar with the jeep scrambler knows these are the holy grail of all real jeeps since they are the most sought after, rarest of all jeeps only available from 1981-1986. They only made 27,792 Scramblers in the short 5 year run. I got a great deal on this thing to begin with then i bought the new top, new doors, hard doors, and extra parts. I am just looking to get my money back out of it and let somebody get a good deal on this like i did so somebody else can enjoy it and be farther ahead. $9500 Give me a call if interested, Thanks, Bret. 608- six zero six -0900. Located in southwest Wisconsin. (Viroqua, 30 miles south of LaCrosse)

Pm me your email or cell and i will forward some pics. I have to relearn myself on how to put them on photobucket. Thanks, Bret

here is a link to my photobucket page where i have a few pics.

[ame="http://s1091.photobucket.com/user/turbogmc/library/1981%20Jeep%20Scrambler?sort=3&page=1"]1981 Jeep Scrambler Photos by turbogmc | Photobucket[/ame]