1983 Buick Century with a 4.3 Diesel

Mark Nixon

No Savior among the flesh
This is a kind of unusual car you don't see much...

1983 Buick Century 4 door, with a 4.3 liter Diesel engine.
Car was running about a year ago, but the keys got lost and now the batteries are junk.
It's in very, very nice condition bodywise, no collision damage, minimal if any rust.
Though it will run, this car is not something you can just jump in and drive, it has been sitting undriven for a few years, so expect it to need brakes, cooling system flush/repair and other small attention items.

Even so, it's a pretty interesting car that I'd hate to have to send to the masher or U-Pull-It.
It has so much more potential than that and it's pretty uncommon to find in this condition.

Asking $650 or make an offer.
Can text pics to serious buyers.

Reply, PM, Call or Text 402-780-5127.

Oh man, farmer I worked for had one of these. Lol great fuel economy but a total turd. Well not any worse than a 5.7 conversion.

The reason they're so rare is that they usually blew up after a few years. :hehe:

I wouldn't be quick to crush it, Mark. There's a following for those 4.3 and 5.7 cars over at Diesel Place and the Page (yeah, surprising) and that engine might be worth something just for parts.

When I first acquired it over a year ago, I did some searching on it and it seems that they are hard on crankshafts.
I'm not going to just scrap it, had some interest already.

I'm trying to off some stuff here, because suddenly times got tough and the bills don't quit, otherwise I'd try to get it fired up and resurrect it.

Mark.

When I first acquired it over a year ago, I did some searching on it and it seems that they are hard on crankshafts.
I'm not going to just scrap it, had some interest already.

I'm trying to off some stuff here, because suddenly times got tough and the bills don't quit, otherwise I'd try to get it fired up and resurrect it.

Mark.

The 350 conversions were the same way. The one I drove around you could hold the pedal on the floor probably reach 75 MPH after a mile and she just kept on smokin while you had the pedal on the floor. :)

I figured this thing would sell, not much more than a nibble or 3.
Surprising, because it IS in exceptional condition for the age and it only has 87,000 miles on it.

Mark.

If I raised the price to $8000, suppose there'd be any interest? :bang

Mark.

Back