1993 Chevy Cummins Conversion

cummins_4life

Custom Cummins
I have a 1993 Chevy 2500 that I swapped a 1996 Cummins 12 valve into and also converted it to the dodge NV4500 5 speed manual tranny. The truck was originally a 6.5l turbo diesel with an automatic tranny. The original motor blew up at 250k miles. I then spent 2 years researching parts and methods for swapping the new drivetrain in it. I rebuilt the Cummins motor, added a bunch of performance upgrades such as a 64/65/14 S300 turbo, pusher intake and 3 peice exhaust manifold, upgraded Big Stick Colt camshaft, marine style pistons, 5x12 Micro blind injectors, typical pump mods such as 0 plate, 4gsk, 046 DVs I think, barrels cranked, etc.

When I rebuilt the transmission, I upgraded the main shaft and fixed the common problem with losing the 5th gear. I adapted the chevy NP241 to the dodge tranny. The only system that I didn't finish in the swap was the A/C. I got the truck running solid and said I'd come back to it and never did. I have the parts for the dodge A/C pump and chevy condenser that would just need to be plumbed in. The interior is in good condition. It's gray cloth with a bench seat. There are a few minor stains in the carpet and in a few spots on the seats. It's 23 years old so I think it's in good condition. The head liner sagging a little in a few spots. It only sags when the weather is damp and cold. Once the truck heats up the ceiling tightens up and doesn't hardly look loose. I say this for full disclosure because I only have 3 photos on my computer of the truck. I can get more pictures of the truck later.

I've been driving the truck for 20k miles on the swap at it runs awesome. Lots of power and tows great. This is a great truck and a great project for someone wanting a unique older truck with a beast of a motor. My plans were to always fix the body issues and repaint it and do a ford solid axle swap with a coil over radius suspension.

My dad bought this truck new in 1993. I grew up in this truck as a kid. I bought it from my dad when I was 16 and it blew up when I was 19. It then sat for the next 5 years until I did the swap in 2011. I documented the whole swap on the "other forum" if anyone wanted was curious on how well the swap was done.

Make me an offer if you're interested. I'm asking $9,500.

Im having issues with uploading the pics from photobucket when I insert the IMG link. So hang on. I'll post them when I figure out if there is something wrong with using photobucket on this forum.

Last edited:
Here we go. I got now. I'll get more pics of the interior.

File_002%203_zpsdgphb3kg.jpeg

20150410_155419_zpsg4efqmeu.jpg

File_000%203_zpsgbj3qze1.jpeg

Back