1996 cummins build thread

(2ndgen)

Hi I am 15 and I own a rclb 2wd gas truck. I have a front diff, wiring, engine/transmission out of a 96 to put in I will update with pictures once I start building. The truck was hit in the front and needs grill, hood, fenders, bumper. Basically needs a new front end but the truck is in decent shape for its age. Thanks and keep posted for when I start my build probably in spring/summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am eventually going to want close to 800rwhp. My dad is a diesel mechanic I can do transmissions.

what you plan on doing to the trans? Welcome to the madness best of luck.

I plan on putting billet input and intermediate leave the output stock so there's a weak link so I don't make a mess dad builds good valve body's tcs triple disk some other billet parts so on.

I want to leave a weak link in my motor so I am installing 5 carrillo's and a 1 stock 6.7 rod.

True what does everyone think of a 64mm over a s480

True what does everyone think of a 64mm over a s480

Right on track for your HP goals. There is a million threads on here about people with those exact inducer sizes. Some variations in the turbine set ups and waste gating but that should net you 800 depending on fuel.

i understand what you are saying for a weak link, but you don't want to build those type of links into the transmission or engine to trans. I'd personally rather drop a u-joint with a driveshaft loop than pop a shaft in a trans. But i'm certified retarded 5 of 7 days.

What does everyone think of manual valve body's