1998 12v 5speed quad cab short bed

pwerwagn

STFU!
I have a 1998 Quad Cab Short Bed NV4500 4wd truck. It has the 99-02 Sport conversion (bumper and Grill). The truck is all Red. has 3.55's, dana 80 rear, 60 front, etc.

Mods:

Weld Cheyenne 8 wheels with 295 Nittos
Luk Cerametallic 13" clutch (~50K on clutch)
Recently Tinted windows
Brand New winshield
Tan Interior
alpine 9801 stereo with aux input
lightning audio components in front doors, Pioneer in rear doors
Power drivers seat
overhead console with temp/compass
Paint matched westin nerf bars

The truck has exactly 200K miles on it. The trans was rebuilt before I got it (ive had it since around 80K I think). I was told it has the Quad 4x4 fully splined mainshaft in it. When I parked the truck 3rd was starting to get a slight grind in it (its been parked for about 7-8 months now).

Only problem is the truck needs an injection pump. The pump itself is good...but the governor assy came apart. basically, the case is bad. I have a pump, just dont have the time to fix it. I was planning on keeping the truck forever...but It just sits there now, going to waste.

The truck also has a set of power/heat tow mirrors. They are 2nd gen bases with 3rd gen power heat heads on them. And it has Firestone air bags, Reese Titan reciever, Tekonsha Voyager brake controller, 5th wheel rails, and a colibert gooseneck hitch.

Id like to get around 10.5K$ for it. If your interested...email me. pwerwagn@yahoo.com.

--Jeff

Attachments

• t_im000665k_551.jpg
    t_im000665k_551.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 167
God I wish my truck were in better shape... It would make a really nice go fast project :poke:

EDIT: BTW it has custom 6x10 injectors and a sport bumper now... Not to mention I'm in the process of painting it and adding some more hard parts to the trans :poke::poke::poke: (man's gotta dream right?)

Last edited:
Very nice truck. If my brother could get rid of his 03 he would be talking with you for sure. I am sure many guys are in that same boat.

That is one of the rarer trucks and it is sharp. Have you checked to see if there are any local members to you to help fix it. Maybe find some guys to put on the pump for some beer?

Haha, no I can do the pump swap. Ive done a few of them. Actually the extra pump I have is because I did a pump swap on a guys truck and he gave me the old one for payment.

My problem is, If I put the pump on it I will keep the truck. I dont need the truck...so this is my way of just getting rid of it!!

Ive gotten quite a few emails though...about 4 pretty interested partys.

--Jeff

I'm super interested... I live in Las Cruces and I'm selling my half ton as we type. Would there be a good time this weekend that I can come take a look at it?