1999 24v p-pump hard start after is sits

winkdemon

Fast, Cheap or Reliable.
hey guys

i just finished a ford cummins swap , engine is a 1999 24v with a ddp 50hp injectors 175hp p-pump , has a 95 fass pump on it ,timing is 16 , truck seems to run well , but if you let in sit for more them 8 hours , the system losses prime for some reason , has anyone else had this problem after doing the swap ?
truck has no fuel leaks i can find , :Cheer:

Could be the overflow valve. Also is your fass wired into your factory lift pump harness? I know with my truck the pump would only prime for a second or so and then cut off because the ECM tells it to do so. I hard wired my airdog to run all the time. Now I let it prime for a few seconds before I turn it over, and it starts a lot easier now. Just something to consider.

Also check the fittings where your return fuel line off the injection pump T's into the injector return line

It's at the back of the block

If they leak then it will drain the fuel out of the line causing a hard start after sitting for long periods

ya i going to replace the over flow and re check all the return lines , thanks guys

Also check the top of the fuel tank. I have seen the sending unit rust up and cause leaks. Out of site out of mind. If its dry your ok.

ok guys , got playing with this thing today , i double checked the timing it sitting at 17 , new OFV , fuel pressure is at 38 psi , high white smoke even when at running temp , engine has a colt stage 3 , studs , o-ringed , ddp stage 1 set for p-pump , when do you guys think ? oh the ngine has about 70,000miles on it

Back