1999 CR500 Feeler

Mr.T

DPF's are gay
so im thinkin about sellin my 500, i had it out twice last year and i dont think i'll have time for it this year so i'll put it up and you guys can ask questions and make offers or whatever. all parts have under 2 hours of run time unless otherwise stated, this is a list of the parts on the bike:

548 Big bore kit with cylinder spacer and 3mm stroked crank
fully race P&P'd
.060 milled off of head
220psi of compression
bored carb, jetted accordingly
custom billet steel extended kickstart lever
Hinson CRF450 basket with new clutch components
IMS 4.5 gallon desert tank
IMS foot pegs
IMS shift lever
new clutch cable
new throttle cable
Pro Taper bars
aluminum bark busters
+15 inch swingarm (also have the stock one)
18'' excel wheel with skat-track dominator 12 paddle
new sidewinder tri-metal sprockets and sidewinder chain
new 150/80/18 Tera Flex tire
new front tire
reworked showa front suspension (210 pound rider)
rebuilt rear shock set for the extended swingarm (also have shock set for 210 pound rider)
i cant think of anything else to add, this bike should have right around 100 horse and has to be run on 110 race fuel. i'll post pics later

I raced CR500 and kx500 also and never saw a stroker for them.How much$$ ?
Pics

im lookin to get 4k out of it possibly. i dont really WANT to sell it, and if it doesn't sell im gonna put the motor in a CRF chassis so im even MORE likely to kill myself :hehe:

I bet that thing is one helluva ride. I'd like to have it to put that motor in one of my 250r's. Here's a bump for a bad a$$ motor.

it IS one hell of a ride, i doubt its even broken in honestly, i have "ridden" it 3 times, the first time for about 15 minutes, the second time for about an hour, and the third time for about half an hour

it IS one hell of a ride, i doubt its even broken in honestly, i have "ridden" it 3 times, the first time for about 15 minutes, the second time for about an hour, and the third time for about half an hour

Bump for a good deal. those bikes are getting hard to find

Man!! Those were the days!!

I've owned / riden three CR500's and they are so awesome!!

I found that I rode the new CRF450's a lot better though.

Bump for a FUN ride!!!

even before i had the motor done i NEVER had anything other than alky banshees and other 500's (kx or cr) touch it on the big sand hills

That bike has got to be one hell of a ride. My friend and his dad each have one.

And I can't imagine how much of a bear that thing is to start, I have about a 6" scar on my right leg from one of those bikes.

yeah, if you dont have a good MX boot on, you wont be starting it without a NASTY bruise on the bottom of your foot

yeah, if you dont have a good MX boot on, you wont be starting it without a NASTY bruise on the bottom of your foot

I don't doubt that a bit! I can't even imagine what that thing must run like though.

me either! :hehe: i've honestly never had it opened up, but i can almost guarantee it wont wear front tires out quickly cuz it would spend most of its time in the air LOL

Who and where did you get engine work done?

I have a 1999 that needs to go faster.!

i had eckman automotive and machine here in rexburg do the porting/head work, the piston, cylinder, spacer, and crank was a custom built kit i bought on ebay