1999 Freightliner MT45 Tastykake truck

Highfinance97

Garofalo Enterprises
So my new Tastykake truck is a 1999 Freightliner MT45 with a ISB.

When i first bought it it was kind of sluggish and now it's getting worse.
I've been meaning to put an AirDog on it but have not found the chance and also have a few questions before I do.

It's now getting to have less and less power pulling the hills and it may be a boost leak but I'm wondering about the lack of fuel the VP is getting may be the cause also.

Have any of you guys installed a AirDog/FASS on a Snap-ON truck or any of these types of trucks?

I don't want to go right into the project blind being that it is my only truck for work and can not be down more than 2 days.
the main question is what to do with the getting the fuel from the tank... Draw straw??

Also, Is the factory lift pump plug the same and am I able to use a AirDog/FASS wiring harness from a 98.5-02 Dodge ?

On the "adding power" side of things, I purchased a Edge EZ and a RV adapter :rockwoot:

I have nothing to add except a TASTYKAKE truck rolling coal and whoppin up on a Hostess truck would be a sweet site:hehe:. Ill sell ya a TST Comp to stack with that EZ LOL.

Last edited:
You do not need a draw straw these have stand pipes in the tanks or they pull fuel direct from a fitting low in the tank. The plug for wiring is the same and the only thing you have to mod. is the mounting and location hope this helps

tatytruck.jpg

You do not need a draw straw these have stand pipes in the tanks or they pull fuel direct from a fitting low in the tank. The plug for wiring is the same and the only thing you have to mod. is the mounting and location hope this helps

Thanks for the info, I'll see what i can find out about the tank and report back

Thanks for the info, I'll see what i can find out about the tank and report back

I'm getting ready to start putting all that same stuff into a 1999 FL80 with an ISB....only with a set of Mach 4's, a S360, and probably a Comp instead of the EZ:D

From what I've seen, the fuel tank should be a breeze.

I'm thinking 500hp would be fun!!
Chris

I'm getting ready to start putting all that same stuff into a 1999 FL80 with an ISB....only with a set of Mach 4's, a S360, and probably a Comp instead of the EZ:D

Chris

Sounds sweet, what trans?
Mine is an Allison but I'm not sure what one

Chris

Since a year ago. You must get ready like I do.:hehe:

It hasn't been a year, has it?

Thought I started gathering parts in the fall....and paying jobs come first, shop machines and trucks come when their broke and not useful!
Chris

It hasn't been a year, has it?

Thought I started gathering parts in the fall....and paying jobs come first, shop machines and trucks come when their broke and not useful!
Chris

Maybe I stretched it a little. :hehe: I just felt like saying something mean. I'm sorry.

Oh, in that case......:D

Says the guy taking forever to build me injectors and find me Perkins parts:hehe: :hehe: J/K Jeff!!!
Chris

Back