2.5" shackle lift (good idea or not?)

chad f

Just put 2.5" lift shackles on my ride, was that a good idea? I am waiting for a pitman arm and the track bar relocating bracket now. Should I have just got lift spring instead? (already had a leveling kit on it) Is it going to be possible to get the front end geometry back to what it's sapposed to be? Is this thing going to be all over the road or is the shackle lift the same as the spring lift. 99 f-350 reg cab front bout 5" up from stock and rear just has airbags. Superchip, big brute intake, 4" exhaust, 35" nittos, gear rims

Longer shackles only lower one one of the spring, therefore changing your pinion angle (or caster angle). That could mess with front end geometry and will more than likely put excessive wear on your ball joints. How much longer are your new shackles than the stock ones?

2"s more than stock, can the alinment shop correct that with shims? I plan on puttin new ball joints in next week.

i am not sure if they can use shims on the front end or not so i'm not going to say anything. i would just call an alignment shop and check into it.