2.5 truck with a g56

Joach1m

Broke Joke
Like the thread title says; looking to have a 2.5 truck (in TTPA, MI) that can be very competitive but also could be somewhat drivable on the road. My truck currently has south bend SFI triple disk clutch, FASS150, and EFI from Ryan Milliken. Will be doing 100% energy's and ARP custom headstuds very soon. Im thinking to go with a fleece s472 and dual fuelers. I realize the manual will be the weak point and will run a girdle on it. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

My advice would be to ditch the 56 before you crack it and go with the cast iron 5600......my .02

My advice would be to ditch the 56 before you crack it and go with the cast iron 5600......my .02

I agree but then again I have seen them survive multiple times. If your luck isn't good then swap it out. my 5600 has well over 100 hooks and 280k miles.

The 5600 still has flaws, and they're getting harder to find priced reasonable, but alot better option than a g56 for pulling.

Don't think you will get away with running an s472 in a 2.5" class.

yes the 472 will be clipped to meet the rules. Ill see if i can find any nv5600's around and have it on standby. Thanks for your opinions so far! greatly appreciated.

Why would a 5600 even be considered swapping in a pulling truck? Throw a 4500 in and save 100 lbs. Just my thoughts

You could also try cyro your g56 I've heard some positive results from doing it. I have no first hand experience. Something to look into

Why would a 5600 even be considered swapping in a pulling truck? Throw a 4500 in and save 100 lbs. Just my thoughts
This is what i did. I was able to sell the g56 for $2400 and buy an already built 4500 for $1k also... To me its a no brainer

You could also try cyro your g56 I've heard some positive results from doing it. I have no first hand experience. Something to look into

I don't think it's the gears that's the problem it's the case of the Trans

:update- Rules of the 2.5 class will no longer allow for a clipped turbo to be legal, will have to run something else... I have no idea what to be on the look for. Any ideas? TTPA is the sled pulling association.

Still able to run billet? If so I have one I can sell you since we went to a box stock charger last year. Pm me If interested and I'll let u know the details

Run an NV4500.... they are so much cheaper and easier to find and rebuild. Sell your G56 for a couple grand, buy a good used 4500 for under 1000 bucks and use the rest of the money to buy a nice 2.5 turbo

Run an NV4500.... they are so much cheaper and easier to find and rebuild. Sell your G56 for a couple grand, buy a good used 4500 for under 1000 bucks and use the rest of the money to buy a nice 2.5 turbo
I Will keep my eye out for one that is for sure.

Even NV4500s are scarce.
I haven't pulled in a "GOOD" core diesel one in quite a while, all I get is burnt up or broken ones.

I'm looking at dealing with a guy with 3 or 4 pick-up beds full of NV4500, NV5600 and G-56 stuff, but it's mostly broken or locked up stuff, aka the usual junk.
You have to pick the goodies from the garbage.

Mark.

Even NV4500s are scarce.
I haven't pulled in a "GOOD" core diesel one in quite a while, all I get is burnt up or broken ones.

I'm looking at dealing with a guy with 3 or 4 pick-up beds full of NV4500, NV5600 and G-56 stuff, but it's mostly broken or locked up stuff, aka the usual junk.
You have to pick the goodies from the garbage.

Mark.

Basically "frankenstein" nv4500 lol