2.6 cotpc rule change

ABI MOTORSPORT

fummins
I see where cotpc has modified there turbo rule to read more like NADM's rule. This will help to simplify things. I personnally am happy of this, how about everyone else?:cheer:

I am happy I guess...lol

Turbocharger: The vehicle is limited to a single turbocharger; the inducer bore on the compressor housing may be 2.6”. The inlet will be measured using a 2.65-inch plug or internal calipers. Bushing from any larger turbo size down to a 2.6 turbo is PROHIBITED. A stock map width enhancement (MWE) groove is allowed. No MWE groove will be allowed that has a width greater than 1/4 inch. All provisions allowing air to the wheel other than via the bore and the MWE groove are prohibited. 6.4 liter Powerstroke engines may utilize the factory twin-turbo configuration.

it doesnt say that, it only says bushing down from a larger turbo isnt allowed. if this is the case and no welde din bushings and remachining is allowed evreyone better change turbo's from 2009..lol

what about going the other way and making a small charger bigger? :D ie stuffing big wheels into smaller (hogged out) housings? Ie big twins on the Fords via stock hosuings with big wheels? :eek:

it doesnt say that, it only says bushing down from a larger turbo isnt allowed. if this is the case and no welde din bushings and remachining is allowed evreyone better change turbo's from 2009..lol

DAMN IT!!:bang:bang:bang

you want to go back to true 2.6 turbo? I would if I didnt just spend x amount of dollars on a turbo to fit in the bigger turbo rules..lol

what about going the other way and making a small charger bigger? :D ie stuffing big wheels into smaller (hogged out) housings? Ie big twins on the Fords via stock hosuings with big wheels? :eek:

thats basically the remaching concept, you take a cover and machine it for a bigger wheel. those were ran all last year, I think this rule will be fine if someone wants to get ridiculous with there turbo size let them try to spool it at the line or snuff out at the end..lol

So what does everyone think was being the biggest wheel run in the class! Im betting at least 3.0 maybe 3.2!

Thats crazy that they can clip the wheel down that far or even get the truck to get out with that big ass wheel..lol

ABI i hope you plan on putting that pig on a diet this year and hang more than 300 pounds on the nose!:poke:

Thats crazy that they can clip the wheel down that far or even get the truck to get out with that big ass wheel..lol

It's not the size of the compressor wheel that really matters for spool, it's the size of the turbine wheel and turbine housing.

Dave

right. but you cant go to big without going big on the exhaust side also. thats why I am amazed that the guys running 3.2 still can run a tight housing and get the turbo to light. the more air in the more air you have to get out. or else it wont work.

either way it reads, im way inder the rules. still supporting a heavily modded 2.5. all i need to figure out is how to get down the track with the new truck. didn't have any luck, besides one win, last year after i sold the black one.

I would love to hang about 1500 but unfortunately that will never happen. maybe I can get off the reeses and hang an extra 100 lbs but that is about all there is to be had. How about we run B.O.B. rules at 8500 anybody up for this? nofulpul have you wieghed yours yet?

I would be up for 8500, the reg cabs might not..lol they would hang like 2k