2.6 Turbo Rule

pullingseries

Hello,

We are gathering rule ideas for our 2.6 pulling class

We have experienced a mass of confusion and bickering in the rules, so here is what we are going to try to do for the next year,

Each puller will run the exact same compressor wheel, Compressor housing and center section. We have not determined the type of charger yet, and are working with turbo charger companies directly to ensure that the cost stays low. The options for the charger will be in the exhaust side, there will be options of the turbine wheel size, and exhaust wheel size. We will have 3-5 options for each, so that each puller can match the exhaust side to their engine.

I know that this will take some time to change over, but i think for the sport, it will help keep trucks and a more even playing field.

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

IMO...you will loose trucks. Why keep adding more restrictions? It will eventually kill the sport or drive the cost out of reason. I know of a group that tried this, luck would have it the turbo they required had to be bought from the promoters buddy who just happened to be in the turbo business.

Is it fun to watch everyone pull the same speed and to within 2ft of each other?

Only thing i could think of for a 2.6 limit that might not be crazy is, only alow s300 frames and equivalent garrets, no s400s. But if i was setting rules for a new org, i would just use nadms and be fine with it , but thats just me.

Back