2 nd gen solid motor mount

05hummincummins

smoked ya
I need to figure out how to make my motor solid. Has anyone done this or have any pics? Its a dedicated puller and im worried it bounces around a lil tomuch and may cause isses w my intercooler piping w the motor flexing. Thanks for any info.

Just some friendly advice, make sure the frame is damn stiff or else you will be transferring all of the flex to the block where tolerances changing a few thousanths can cause catostrophic damage in: 1) a while; 2) immediately; and 3) possibly never. Good luck!

Just some friendly advice, make sure the frame is damn stiff or else you will be transferring all of the flex to the block where tolerances changing a few thousanths can cause catostrophic damage in: 1) a while; 2) immediately; and 3) possibly never. Good luck!

I agree. Have you tried some new rubber mounts? Maybe the ones you have are wore out.

I would venture that he needs reduced flex even over good condition rubber mounts given his piping but some kind of comprimise is going to have to be made somewhere. Poly mounts would be my choice but we are not in the possession of all the facts regarding this particular combination.

I would venture that he needs reduced flex even over good condition rubber mounts given his piping but some kind of comprimise is going to have to be made somewhere. Poly mounts would be my choice but we are not in the possession of all the facts regarding this particular combination.

Agreed. Hopefully he chimes back in.

Well the rubbers are fairly new and im running water to air intercooler that is mounted to the frame rail and just at an idol the motor bounce a good bit . I was gna take a small turn buckel an mount one on each side on the front of the motor then attach to the frame rails. Im leaving the rubbers in just wana add some stiffness of some sort.

When I put my mud truck back together, I put new poly mounts in all around, the engine barely moves at all from idle to WOT.

I have one rigid mount on the driver side, so far so good ! No more problem with intercooler piping.

I took the rubber bushing out the OEM mount, and replaced it with a solid aluminium piece that I made on the lathe.

Make sure when you press in the aluminium bushing, that the part who protrude out the front of the mount is the same as the original rubber bushing, I think it was 0.100" on mine.