2 piece drive shafts?

fearthedeere6.7

The truck i recently bought has a 2 piece rear drive shaft. Should i replace it with a one piece when i start to pull or leave it?

My daily driver was a dodge 2 piece. I shredded the rubber out of the carrier bearing twice, before getting a custom one piece. I would have a good one piece made for a pulling truck if it was mine. Just my 2 cents.
Jason

I have a driveshaft that will work for ya.... Been on a couple pullers and never had an issue!!!!

i wouldnt go with a 1 piece if you drive the truck daily. thats a pretty long shaft to balance on a quad cab long bed.

yea.. i was gonna buy your 2 piece with the big ujoints for the 99. but yea id stick with a 2 piece.

i dunno anyone with a quad cab truck thats goin pullin.. wouldnt be a bad investment for you though chase. being a 2 piece you can still drive it everyday but its got the bigger ujoints so you dont have to worry as much bout breakin em.

The truck i recently bought has a 2 piece rear drive shaft. Should i replace it with a one piece when i start to pull or leave it?

your pobebly looks similar to mine.. mine is 106" long.. any respectable drive shaft shop will tell you your nutts to make a single piece that long... too much risk for distruction and the critical speed drops when a drive shaft is legnthened
7225_1225291745996_1040072946_692517_2707282_n.jpg

Back