2000 cab on a '97 ?????

Dodgentwo

What all would need changed or modified? I have the opportunity to get a perfect condition cab from I believe a 2000 or a 2001. Just was curious if there was a lot that would have to be changed or done. I would imagine some wiring would have to be changed? Or am I wrong? Also what all would have to be done to stick a cab from a gasser on? Theres a few of those around here too that i can get pretty cheap. Just dont want to get one thats gonna take 3 weeks to make it work.

Also what all would need to be done or switched on either of them to make all the dash items work? Is the vent plumbing all in the same locations? Im sure some of you on here have done this before so any help/tips/advice is appreciated.

Come on no one knows? I need to find something out before saturday. Someone said I should just need a PCM from a 98 12V ?

I have been wondering the same thing . I know the cab mounting is the same for clubcab and quad cab. For the 96 up it may be as simple as plugging in the cabs harness(94 &95 have a different harness OBD2) but you may have to rewire some things . Your pcm should be the same. Rich

Thats what im trying to figure out. If I have to re wire a ton of stuff or what it takes to make it work.

I just went out and checked my 98 it has 3 plugs on the computer like the newer trucks . If yours has 3 you should be ok. I know the older trucks have one plug. If your truck has a different harness changing the computer will not help .If that was the case I would remove the dash & wiring harness and put yours in the newer cab . Rich

i did a conversion a few years back on a 96 that was rolled over.. I purchased a 99(?) cab with the new dash. Everything bolted up the same but i cheated by scraping the new style dash and using my old one..:hehe:

I just swapped a 96 ext cab and a 98 quad cab. Both of the trucks have 12v's. The wiring harness is totally different. They both have the same plug on the pcm but the plugs inside the trucks are not the same. Take a look at the harness plugs above the brake peddle. Good luck

I just swapped a 96 ext cab and a 98 quad cab. Both of the trucks have 12v's. The wiring harness is totally different. They both have the same plug on the pcm but the plugs inside the trucks are not the same. Take a look at the harness plugs above the brake peddle. Good luck

So what all did you have to do to make it work

I’m still working on it slowly. Both of my trucks have 12V's so I thought it would be allot easier but I to my surprise there is allot of difference between a 96 and a 98. I knew the harness going in the cab was different so I used the engine harness out of the 98 cab to connect to the engine. There are many difference between the trucks such as, most all ectrical on the engine have different plug ends. Water temp sensor is in a different location. The 96 speedo reads through the trans and the 98 speed reads through the rear end and ABS. So the 98 has fewer connections on the trans harness. The horns are on different sides. There are a ton of differences. I was really surprised that so many changes were mad to the 12V in two years. Good luck