2001 dodge

ChaseN

Jobless/Truckless
what to watch out for?
i'm looking at an 2001 2500 laramie 4x4 quad cab short bed with 155k miles.
laramie w/leather, heated seats, etc.
truck is CLEAN! no stains, interior is spotless and exterior is the same.
never had a hitch of any sort.
tranny is auto also.

what's it worth and what is there to watch out for?
thanks guys.

i would say 9,500-10,000
and see what block it is i would stay away from a #53

same as above+ leaky T-case, 0216 is death code for a vp (so people say),

Make sure when you bump the engine over the lift pump runs for a few secs and sounds strong.

Check the front end just get some one to turn the wheel with the truck off and see if there is any slack in the joints. You might even jake the front end up and check the wheel bearings and ball joints.

i'd say in the $9000 range. Get a fuel pressure gauge on it and make sure the vp hasn't been starving. and also make sure the 4x4 works.

for those of you who said 9-10k, where are they at for that price lol?
i'm about to pay 11,800 for this one.

Check out the front end really good, notorious for eating ball joints and tracbars. Tranny needs to be built before any power gets thrown at it and a fuel system will be needed pronto.

truck is solid.
no play in steering, no leaks, bump of the starter and it fires right up.
no cracks in dash, no rips interior, spotless!

but now i found an 03 dmax with only 100k miles for a bit more so right now it's a toss up.

thanks a lot guys!

for those of you who said 9-10k, where are they at for that price lol?
i'm about to pay 11,800 for this one.

i just look around a bit to find good deals a paid 13000 for mine but had a brand new ranchhand, sbc 3860dd, hotrod vp, and gdp 392kit with all recipets but if a completely stock i wouldnt pay anything over 10,500 for 2002 or older

There was a 2002 on the lot out behind work here the other day that was in basically "ok" shape. Not great, but not bad... they had $14,900 on the sticker. 150k on it. It was there a week then gone....

For $10k or less I wouldn't mind buying another, but doubt I could find one that cheap around here...

You can find these trucks in the 10k range. I found mine with intake, exhaust, lift, and everything for $10,500. It had 125,000 but it was all highway miles, guy used it to go to and from work. So it is possible.

nevermind on this deal, i'm in the process of buying an 03 dmax from my ex gf's dad

Back