2001 Durango R/T AWD Diesel

dieselnut04

So I have a 01 durango r/t thats awd and has a piss poor excuse for a 360 in it and it drinks fuel like my neighbor drinks busch light!!!! My thing is that i want to swap in a diesel just 2 say i did. It is gonna b a d/d that i can race if i wanna. So the ? is what motor do i go with as I have a few layin round. here r my choices.

1.P-pumed 4bt
2. 98 12v w/215 P-pump
3. 02 24v non 53 block and swap the 215 p-pump in

I want to stay as simple as i can yet no b so simple that im a cheap arse and fixin things all the time. tell me what you guys think. and what problems i may run into.

O and i dont have 2 source any of those motors as i already have them

4bt will be alot easier too fit and a fair amount of guys have put those in dakotas so they would be able too give advice.

4BT or a DMAX would be my choices. The front end under that DURANGO isn't the heaviest to begin with and likes to eat up ball joints as is. The weight of a 6 cylinder CUMMINS would trash it in no time. Even the 4BT and DMAX are up around 800 pounds or so and would be pushing it. If you did a SA swap up front it would open up alot of options, but I just don't see a 6BT fittig in there length wise without some serious firewall mods.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtSm4yCX-7E[/MEDIA]

I am pretty sure the first one was a 5.9 but i know the second was a 4bt.

You might be right on that I know the title to the video says 5.9 but to me it sounded like a 4.5l commonrail. IDK

Except the first video claims to have a 5.9 instead of a 3.9. That's what I'm debating.

So why say something sounding like you know when you aren't even sure? :lolly::nail:

Cause after I posted I watched some of the guys other videos and then I wasn't sure. Its called inserting foot in mouth syndrome. :poke:

4BT or a DMAX would be my choices. The front end under that DURANGO isn't the heaviest to begin with and likes to eat up ball joints as is. The weight of a 6 cylinder CUMMINS would trash it in no time. Even the 4BT and DMAX are up around 800 pounds or so and would be pushing it. If you did a SA swap up front it would open up alot of options, but I just don't see a 6BT fittig in there length wise without some serious firewall mods.

I would really like 2 stay ifs if at all possible and i dont wanna run a dmax for ease of 12v has no electronics

Look at the running gear on that truck, is it using the oem 2500 stuff