to start this off ill give yall a little back ground info on the truck
its a 2001 5 speed with 124,000 miles
has the usual mods
dual disk
airdog 150
new injection pump as of 25,000 ago
afe intake
5 inch exhaust

the truck has had a no start issue in the past but sort of comes and goes intermittently. The symptoms include, when you turn the key on the is a 3 second or more delay until the liftpump comes on, the wait to start light only comes on for about 2 seconds and the truck will not start..it will roll over for days but wont get going

today it started doing again after i attempted to install an edge comp box I got in on trade for some other parts. I will admit that i had to wire in the 2001 map sensor adapters and may have gotten them wired wrong, but when i take the edge harness off and go back to just the boost fooler it still wont start.

my question is could I have fried my pcm/ecm by wiring the map sensor up incorrectly?

has anyone else had these no start issues?

thanks for any help

Scott*

another issue came up just relized that the dash lights are not working now either... is this pointing towards an ecm or pcm

I had a truck come in to shop with same no start and no dash lights was actually power door lock fuse in cab blown changed it and fired right up I know sounds crazy but something easy and quick to check

alright yall ive narrowed down to the ecm, the cel light, wts light, abs light, and fuel light were flasing on and off at will, the lift pump would run every few seconds and my scanner would not pull codes while this was going on...

could i just have the ecm reflashed or do I need to replace it

little update... the truck is now running... I took the ecm down to cummins southern plains to be tested, it checked out fine so we took it back to the house, installed it and the truck now all of a sudden fired up..

did some more poking around and have come to find out that there is a short somewhere in the harness inside the cab that caused my issue....

the dash lights will come on and off randomly when i wiggle the harness under the dash next to the firewall plug

going to take a day off tomorrow and dive into the wiring to find the short

thanks for the help yall