2001 Volkswagen Jetta - TDI $4000

CJimmyG

Workaholic
2001 Volkswagen Jetta TDI :rockwoot: – 223,000mi

This car is a great commuter or road trip vehicle! This little gem averages 44 miles per gallon!

- 1.9 liter Diesel engine
- Aluminum skid plate
- Front wheel drive
- 5-speed manual transmission
- Painted black aluminum wheels
- Eibach sway bars
- Coolant heater for cold months (heater warms up and circulates coolant -> instant hot air upon start-up)
- Power locks
- Power and tinted windows
- Power and heated mirrors
- Heated rear window
- Bluetooth Alpine stereo
- A/C
- Cruise control
- Black cloth interior

Maintenance
- Synthetic oil changes at 5,000 mile intervals (capable of running 10,000 miles on synthetic but I prefer not to run it out so long)
- Timing belt changed 7,000 miles ago
- Transmission fluid changed 12,000 miles ago (changed fluid over to RedLine MT-90)
- Recently replaced air filter and cabin air filter
- Recently replaced front and rear brake pads and rotors

It has been a great car for me and it’s hard to see it go but it’s time. The car drives great, and gets great mileage. I typically calculate the fuel economy every fuel fill-up, the worst mileage I’ve gotten is 42mpg and the best is 48mpg. The average fuel economy is about 44-45mpg. The car has an aluminum front skid plate to protect the engine, transmission, and CV axles. I replaced the headlights with a black-out set and I decided to add some LED light strips before the install. There is and amber strip that comes on with the parking lights, but it also blinks with the blinker. There is also a white strip opposite of the amber that is controlled by a toggle switch, so they can be used for running lights or just left off if you prefer. I also replaced the front grill with a badge delete grill, without the VW badge the car looks a bit sportier. I did have an issue with the glow plug harness when I first got the car so I installed a new harness made at a research and development facility. It attaches much better that the stock harness and will last much longer. I have also installed an EZ-Valve on the oil pan to make for quick oil changes. The car doesn’t have any fluid leaks and I haven’t had any major issues with the car. With proper maintenance, these cars last a very long time!

I have a set of Bridgestone Blizzak tires for it. I go up to the mountains a lot and these tires made a huge difference in the winter months. Even being front wheel drive, these tires make the car handle great in the snow!

I also have an Eibach lowering kit (includes shocks, springs, and struts) that was never installed. I did put on the sway bars that came in the kit, just never got around to putting on the suspension components. I would imagine the lowering kit might help to bump the fuel economy over 50mpg!

NADA values the car at $3675 so I’m asking $4000 for everything. If you have any questions, feel free to call or text Cody at 970-531-8086. I am located near Denver Colorado and I do have more pictures as well.

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg