2001 VP truck want more rmp off line

jake2001

My truck is a manual and I have been seeing a lot of manual guys launching in 4th gear at around 4200rmp and from what I have been reading is that vps only go to about 3850rmp? is there away to get more rmps out of a vp? or do I have to go ppumped?

what electronics are you using? need more info about your set up

Redline box, but still not fueling as hard at 4,000 rpm's like a ppump would be.

That's as good as you're going to get. Some trucks seem to respond better to them than others...

4k is about as good as you're going to get, rotary pumps aren't very efficient at high rpm.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

If you're planning to get deep into drag racing, I suggest you plan for an automatic transmission swap. You'll cut nearly 1 full second off your elapsed times and it'll give you a solid reliable platform with much more consistency at the track.

A p-pump swap could help you in the higher rpm range, however, if you swapped to an automatic transmission, you could keep your VP for a while because won't need fueling above 3k rpm till you start dipping into the low 12's/high 11's.

If you're planning to get deep into drag racing, I suggest you plan for an automatic transmission swap. You'll cut nearly 1 full second off your elapsed times and it'll give you a solid reliable platform with much more consistency at the track.

I plan on that way down the road but for now I'm sticking with a manual. sounds dumb but wanna get close the the fastest manual record witch is 11.48

I have a comp box with hot unlock was going to throw a smarty on top

you are using a box that is already rpm limited and then want to add another one? interesting thought process. you NEED either a redline unlimited or tst comp if you do not want to p-pump. redline unlimited would be your best bet if staying vp.

you are using a box that is already rpm limited and then want to add another one? interesting thought process. you NEED either a redline unlimited or tst comp if you do not want to p-pump. redline unlimited would be your best bet if staying vp.

This is for now I wasn't hundred present sure on the smarty was going to run for timing but I hear a lot about the tst, but never really had a chance to look into it a hole lot. I know a lot of the guys on here don't like vp but I would like to stick with it for awhile. This is still a summer DD thats why i would like to stay with electronics.

I don't care how long you have, you'll never be the fastest with a manual.

i guess i should tell my p-pumped truck i can't drive it because it is not streetable.

My last vp truck was much less "streetable" than it was ppumped. With the VP it was a hot mess and vapor locked from time to time. I like VP trucks but they aren't any more street friendly than a mechanical truck.

My last vp truck was much less "streetable" than it was ppumped. With the VP it was a hot mess and vapor locked from time to time. I like VP trucks but they aren't any more street friendly than a mechanical truck.

I'm with him... And with that being said, I love vp's.
I prefer them actually. Therefore my answers aren't biased. Just truthful.

i guess i should tell my p-pumped truck i can't drive it because it is not streetable.

i'm not really in the drag racing world of diesels all the people I know of around me pull. I just looking at options I don't have the money to ppump the truck right now. I was trying to see if I could get a tuner that could get me up in rmps. and let me drag the rpms out down the track but now thinking about is ppump is the only way I am going to be able to get those kind of rmps out of the truck.

Don't get butt hurt, just being honest.

As stated. The comp box and smarty are a bad idea. Only option I see is the redline unlimited.

why is a smarty on top of a comp box a bad idea? Not trying to be a douche I just want to understand.