2001 Yamaha Raptor 660R

Limited

Slow N' Quiet
2001 Yamaha Raptor 660R

Its all stock exept silver Meier plastics, aftermarket from bumper, DP clutch kit. Runs great, very dependable. Does not burn oil. Hoever, it is not perfect. No major problem, but used. I will post pics tomorrow if anyone is interested. Trade for GOOD 47RE tranny or for a crotch rocket. $2000 Located by Mendota IL.

2001 Yamaha Raptor 660R

Its all stock exept silver Meier plastics, aftermarket from bumper, DP clutch kit. Runs great, very dependable. Does not burn oil. Hoever, it is not perfect. No major problem, but used. I will post pics tomorrow if anyone is interested. Trade for GOOD 47RE tranny or for a crotch rocket. $2000 Located by Mendota IL.

how about a complete 11.5 aam rear out of a 05 cummins i have a nice set of 3rd gen reg cab seats to.

Last edited:
Raptor660R001.jpg

Raptor660R002.jpg

Thats all I could get before my camera died. Its missing the grab bar. Good tires. I'll shoot somebody a good deal.

ill be pulling my 47re out of my truck hopefully soon to put a 5 speed in if you interested, fresh rebuild with new input n output shafts,shift kit,new clutchs,gaskets and seals, deep pan and bd triple disk converter-let me know-scott

I ran the VIN the other day. Turns out this is not a 2001, ITS ACTUALLY A 2003!

That is a good thing.. The 01's had a bad tranny problems.. This is a good price for a dang good quad..

not to ba an ass but could you tell why they have bad tranny problems. I have an 01 and have had no tranny problems, just the starter clutch. Is this what you were meaning? Course if i would ride it more than 2 times a year id prolly find out.

Jeremie

hey firemed.. the 01's had problems breaking 2nd gear. ive got an 04 that im tryin to sell. or trade for a trans for my truck. i love the power the raptor makes just need a trans in my truck.

not to ba an ass but could you tell why they have bad tranny problems. I have an 01 and have had no tranny problems, just the starter clutch. Is this what you were meaning? Course if i would ride it more than 2 times a year id prolly find out.

Jeremie

http://www.raptortranny.com/

Read the link above.. Yes the 2nd gear would go out... The 02's and up had a updated tranny.. The one way starter bearing had problems too.. I replaced mine with the LA onway bearing from above site...

o, ok thanks. Im not really a fan of the raptor but got a great deal on it when it was 2 y/o, it was one of those lend a buddy some money and he never paid i guess. So i just bought it for 3k back then. i only ride it maybe twice a year, usually when we go to glamis.

I had a 400 ex that i would take over the raptor in the woods. My buddy has a LT 450 and man is that thing nice.

Sorry for the hijack but heres another bump then

I had a 400ex with a pipe, tuned carb, hot cam, and a few other things. This Raptor is stock other than the clutch, and it would eat that 400ex alive. Plus its liquid cooled!

Im very interested in this.. Pm me with details.. If i can get it at the right price. I'll come pick it up..

Raptor001.jpg

Raptor002.jpg

Raptor003.jpg

Raptor004.jpg

Raptor005.jpg

Raptor006.jpg

Raptor008.jpg

$1350. I think I have replied to all PM's. It needs a lever on the side of the case for the reverse cable. Reverse still works, just you don't need to use the knob. I could help with delivery if anyone is interested.

If anyone local wants to come check it out and ride it, your more than welcome.