2002 TDI Jetta

breakin point

I need a second truck and I don't drive it much anymore, that's the only reason I'm selling it.
2002 VW Jetta, auto trans,140,000 mile, leather heated seats, sun roof, two year old 25% window tin, new brake pads and rotors all the way around, tires are close to new 75% tread or better, power windows and locks, alternator was replaced 10k miles ago and the transmission was replaced at 75,000 miles.
I am the third owner of this car I bought it with reverse out of the trans. The guy I bought it from didn't have the money to fix it so I bought it from him. Other than the alternator going out of it and routine maintenance the car has never given me any trouble at all. The headliner is starting to come lose in the back but it is going to the upholstery shop next Monday to be replaced. I am still driving the car one or two days a week so the miles will go up a little. $7,000 OBO. I will upload some pictures shortly.

Not trying to sound rude but I've been looking at the TDI market again recently (wishing I had bought a Jetta or Wagon instead of my Golf), and you won't get anywhere near your asking price especially with Reverse not working.

Or with it being an auto. But maybe you will get it. Last auto tdi alh i sold i got 3000 and it was beautiful inside and out.

The reverse is working. Read the post closer. It says I bought the car with reverse out. It has a new trans in it. I know I'm high on the price but I'm in no hurry as of now to sell it and most I've seen for $4,000 had over 200k miles on them so that's why I priced it where I did and put it as OBO

Last edited:
The reverse is working. Read the post closer. It says I bought the car with reverse out. It has a new trans in it. I know I'm high on the price but I'm in no hurry as of now to sell it and most I've seen for $4,000 had over 200k miles on them so that's why I priced it where I did and put it as OBO

My apologies the way you worded it it is easy to misunderstand.

When was the timing belt changed and do you have paperwork for it? Also, when was the last time the EGR was cleaned?