2003 6.0L oil problem

Matt62188

i got an 03 6.0L. i checked the oil in it the other day and it was 2qts. low....so i started checking around on the truck and found oil is coming from the left side valve cover through that tube that connects to the air intake tube to the intake side of the turbo and it is blowing oil into my turbo and through the inter cooler. does anybody know what might be causing this? the truck runs good. any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Matt

That is normal pollution crap on your truck...

If you look up "CrankCase re-route mod", it will show you how to change the system so the turbo, intercooler, and everything else associated with the intake tract will no longer be exposed to the oil mist from the crankcase.

When you check your oil, it may take up to 20 minutes for the oil to drain back, to get a proper reading on the dipstick. (If the engine was running.)

Check your air filter. A stopped up air filter will make it suck oil out of the engine.

Scott

Worst case worn rings with excessive blowby. But honestly unless the engine has been dusted I have seen 6.0's with over 175k and the rings still were in good shape.

yeah, it only has 130,000 miles on it, and runs great...ever since we bought it, i checked the oil in it every week and it never used or lost a drop until just the other day all of a sudden it was 2qts low. and i seen a small spot of oil on the floor, started checkin it over and found an intercooler boot wet with oil; then thats when i started pulled the air intake tube off cus first thing i thought was that crankcase breather.

Honestly a sudden problem like that sounds a little more than normal oil from the CCV. Would not be the first time a head or even a block has cracked. Any oil in the antifreeze? A failed oil cooler is also a possibility.

no antifreeze in the oil that i seen, but i didnt drain it, just from what i could tell on the dipstick. where is the oil cooler located on them?

and i didnt see any oil the antifreeze either...but i'll take a closer look at it tonight.

The oil cooler is under the oil filter, kinda part of the lower alumminun houseing under the filter. If you noticed a intercooler boot wet with oil it probably has some small holes in it, the one at the turbo is bad for leaking, and is overpriced at the dealer. The crank case vent tube does has oring seals that like to swell up and leak from time to time, and the clamps can become loose, they use ear type clamps just like on CV boots,you can put regular hose clamps on it.