2003 f-250 6.0 oil guage doesnt rise while cranking.

jimmy_evans311

I have a 2003 f-250 6.0 177,000 miles. I just replaced my #4 injector because my truck was running ruff and throwing that code. Got it all back together and it runs perfect but when it gets hot at idle the oil guage drops to zero and when i touch the gas it goes back up to normal. Then when i switch it off it want start and the iol guage doesnt move up at all. Any help would be very much appreciated. thx ahead of time.

If it runs fine, it might just be a faulty gauge, or the wiring for it is compromised. Oil pressure is the only sensor which doesn't control any function

it runs fine when i can get it running. But if its hot it want start and the oil hand doesent go up. What could be the problem with that?

the truck was running fine. until i noticed i was loseing power and it was misfireing, so we pulled the codes on it and it said my number 4 injector was bad. So i pull it apart and put in a new one and put it back together. Had the hard start at first like everyone said i would. Second attempt it cranked and ran great carried it up the road and was doing some wot to clean out the air as i read on another forum and i noticed when i let off my check guages light comes on and my oil pressure goes to nothing then i can touch the gas and it will go up. So i stopped and switched it off and tried to restart it and all i got was cranking no firing and guage didnt move up at all. Would my lpop go bad that easy and quick or would it be in my fuel/oil rail on the side i took off? I have the round style with 10 mm bolts.

Would it most likely be in the oil rail on the side I done the injector in being it was starting right before hand

Had a new hpop put in around a 1000 miles ago. And #8 injector then. And has fresh oil about 800 or so miles and I run delo in it. New fuel filters motorcraft. It was doing fine before I tore it apart leads me to think it is in my oil rail.

Last edited:
Might want to check rail plug, could be a high pressure oil leak from the o-rings to the oil rail.

Could I just pull the oil supply out and plug it there and pull the plug from on top and put a air fitting there and pressureize that rail and see if there's any leaks? If so does anyone know what size fittings and what I should use to do this with

Last edited:
Just took around the block and my oil guage stayed up and never fail down. But still no start when I switched it off when I got home and oil guage still doesn't climb.

And I have snatched valve cover back off while its hot. Spinning the truck over oil starts pouring out vetween the inhector I just replaced and the oil rail way before all the other injectors start letting any oil out. Looks like it flooding out at the the one I just replaced

Make sure oil is getting to filter first ... If not something , went through the engine oil pump

If your talking about oil coming out of the injector feed tube from the hpop rail while cranking.....that shouldn't happen. At all....none.
You probably cracked the oring at the top of the injector installing the hpop rail.

What's everyone's thoughts. Replace the one nipple and oring or replace the whole oil rig?

I would just replace the one, unless you think they are all leaking. Check the spool valve on the injector where the oil rail goes in make sure nothing is damaged or missing.

Back