2003 Gas Truck to Diesel

olblue359

jus blowin smoke
Looking at a 2003 3/4 hemi with blown engine with a immaculate body and I have a 2003 donor truck. Any one done this or can it be done? Both are autos and 4wd

If the Hemi truck has an IFS front suspension you'll have an aweful time mounting a diesel in the frame.

it has solid front axle and also the 2500 2wd diesels have ifs and a steering rack

Last edited:
dont forget about all the electrical changes..... harness and sensors and what not.

I put a 12v in a 2000 1/2 ton. The only gauge I can't get to work is the tach. other then that everything more less fell into place. But yours will have a few more wires then mine haha. I bet it's possible though.

Start researching your electrical schematics. Look at connector diagrams and see if diesel-to-gas they are similar.
If the underhood electrical centers are similar, and if Dodge does things like GM (inexpensively and use as many common parts as possible), it may be a relatively easy swap.

If you have the complete donor truck do it!!!
You might end up swapping everything electrical lol. But it would still be a sweet truck

This will be as easy as it gets because you have both trucks. Seems intimidating but its only time if your doing it yourself.

Back