2003 miss

TimTerror

Hello all. A few weeks ago I installed new injectors valve springs and headstuds. Truck has been running great it starts right up and runs smooth at idle and haven't been having any other problems However today under exceleration the truck misses almost like I running out of fuel. If I easy into the pedal it's fine but anything more than 1/4 throttle and it just spits and shudders then goes ok. I'm thinking it might be a bad FCA. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Dead Pedal Datalog

My truck recently started doing something similar, but mine was not after a specific installation. I only get the dead pedal and studder under hard acceleration and when temperatures are below around 45 degrees. Doesn't seem to act up when its warm outside, but when it happens the TPS goes to 0 and then jumps back up. Timing and rail pressure follow TPS, but the FCA looks a little crazy. Also, there's no rail pop noise or associated drop in rail pressure so I don't think its the PRV. I tried cleaning the APPS sensor and adding new dielectric grease, but it didn't change anything. I'm going to do the same thing to the FCA connection and see if it changes anything. I'm thinking either bad FCA or bad APPS.

DeadPedalDataLog_zpsoqrcxlov.jpg

Thoughts?

Last edited:
So I thought I had the problem solved after reloading my tune. Miss went away and truck has been running great all week. Today however on my way to work it came back. I'm going to try and clean all my battery connections this weekend hopeful that is all it is.