2003 UG User?

cj42

New England Texan
This is specific to the 2003 -2004 guys. Are you guys seeing 100% engine load on your ultra gauge? The max I can see is 60%. Also my tps% is usually higher by 15 compared to engine load. Anyone else experiencing these issues? Could a sensor or two cause these issues? I.E MAP?

This is specific to the 2003 -2004 guys. Are you guys seeing 100% engine load on your ultra gauge? The max I can see is 60%. Also my tps% is usually higher by 15 compared to engine load. Anyone else experiencing these issues? Could a sensor or two cause these issues? I.E MAP?

Put it back to stock and you will see that you have 100% load, the smarty changes the diffrent settings but does not change the load calc settings and most gaudges that read load use the ecm read out.

Just so I'm clear by using the smarty its changes the what the ECM and thinks its seeing so that is causing the engine load to be off?

Lightman do you know the reasoning and/or benefit of this?

I'm no expert at this just reporting what I see on my truck. When you change rail pressure and or duration the part of ECM that makes the load calc is using TPS location and amount of fuel it thinks you are injecting to make the calcs, so if you inject more fuel it takes less TPS to move the truck. so the ECM thinks there is less load. hope this is as clear as mud

Interesting... Once my truck is out of hibranation ill load the stock tune and take a look.