2004.5 injector?

80arrow

I haven't been on here for a couple years now so I need some advice from you guys. One of my stock injectors is starting to go, it must stick occasionally. The truck will miss, spit and sputter, and blow black smoke occasionally and then clear up and run fine. I checked the code and we came up with an injector. I checked on the price for a reman one at the parts store and holy crap I didn't think it would be that much. The truck has an Edge programmer, K&N filter, and 4" exhaust, pretty mild compared to you guys, lol. Should I replace just one injector or all of them? If I do all of them what ones do you guys recommend? Do I need to change the tubes also? Anything else I need to check? I'm new to wrenching on a cummins. Thanks, Clint

I like to replace them all. But that depends on the amount of miles on the too.

Be careful where you get your remans from. Spend the extra money you won't regret it. Exergy is one good company and there are others search around see what people have to say.

Only 110,000 miles on the truck. Does Exergy sell injectors or do they rebuild yours? I looked on their site and didn't see any new injectors? I probably missed it, lol.

Only 110,000 miles on the truck. Does Exergy sell injectors or do they rebuild yours? I looked on their site and didn't see any new injectors? I probably missed it, lol.

I would replace them all. Especially if you just have stock fuel filtration.

Thanks, I had missed them when I looked on their site. Yes it has the stock fuel filter on it.

Back