2004 International DT466

Chevycummins

Bad case of Tinkeritis!
tried calling a dealership to see what the max was to turn the engine up to and they told me that it cant go past 225 HP :what: i am sure there is something you can do electronically to turn these up isnt there? Or are they correct and the little bastard is stuck at 210 HP?

There's literally nothing you can do to it to gain power, aside from injectors and turbos. The factory has certain criteria to allow certain hp ratings, which include radiator, intercooler, turbo, and a few other little things like EMISSIONS. There's only a couple aftermarket places that sell a performance module, and those dont really add that much.
Put it to you this way; I got a 94 with a 230hp DT466(with a few fueling mods), and an 06 with a 300hp DT466E. They will run head to head up to 40mph, and the older one will pass the newer one on hills. In a nutshell, if you want real performance, stick with mechanical injection. Unless you're willing to experiment with DIY or Extrude honed injectors, and different turbos.

well i dont have a choice on what i get since its a company vehicle/service truck. i just want more pull in the mountians out here in virginia while i am working. going up a hill at 25 mph sucks lol. it used to be an old penske truck that has been converted to a service truck i dropped the gears from 4.11 to 4.63 and added a locker and that helped some but still its gutless.

There may be a way around that. IF you can get the fleet guy to replace the "faulty" injectors with some aftermarket ones, then you may have hope. Just depends on the shop. Cant hurt to try to work something out, since injectors on 466's blow the O-rings all too often. You can have them sent in for a rebuild to DIY, and come back looking all innocently stock.

ill have to try that since i imagine they will go out soon when i got the truck we found out that they have traveled 120xxx miles on the little cover where the fuel filter goes that is on there from the factory. so yes it has gone a hard 120xxx miles with no fuel fitler.:doh: we are expecting the fuel pump and injectors to go soon but i gotta run her til she blows then replace the broken things

Back