2004 LB7 low coolant light

DuramaxDaddy29

I have a low coolant light. I check the level and it's low I fill it up and it blows it out the over flow after a short 6 mile drive. After the truck warms up and gets the light again it maintains the same low level of coolant. I checked the cramk case and it is fine. I'm confused, because if it sets at an idle it will not get above 100 degrees, but if I go to move it up the drive way it cools down all the way to about 70 degrees. (according to the edge box and dash temp gauges). I recently had injector installed by GM along with injector sleeves. They told me one of the heads came off. Where do I start? Truck has 90,800 miles on it. Truck doesn't act like anything is wrong. I also just installed the FASS pump. My neighbor has a coolant pressurizing kit this is what I am trying first I guess. The Gm place had my truck for a little over a month. I was not pleased with the quality of work. Please help me? Any help is highly Appreciated. thankyou2:

let the dealership know what is going on and take it to a different, reptutable dealer to get it fixed right. sounds like a head gasket issue or its related to the installation of the injectors and cups/sleeves.

After I pressurized the coolant system overnight and found no pressure drop at 17 psi. I cracked the cap and drove around and truck ran fine so I replaced the cap and wow am I dumb I was thinking the worst for sure, the cap just wasn't letting any pressure out. The smoke came from bad glow plugs that I found just had a recall. As of feb. 13 2008 at no cost to the customer..thanks guys for the help here and other websites.

Glad to hear you got it fixed cheap, mine was doin the same thing no leaks or drips at all and it turned out to be a water pump $$$ and a pain in the a$$

01' lb7 duramax

my truck had the same problem but, during the day when i went to work on it there was no leaks. then during the night when the temperature dropped it leaked. so then i stayed up on night and put the pressure tested on it and it was leaking out of the upper radiator hose so i pulled it off and it had a pinhole right behind the clamp. what a pain in the ass.

Back