2004 Misfire / Bad Injector ????

leroy93lx

I have a 2004 standard cab long bed with an automatic in it. All stock except a 4" exhaust. It has never had a programmer on it. Currently has 152,000 miles. Ever since I bought it the injectors have been loud, but it has always ran decent. No CEL or anything. The odd thing is the way it sounds. I always thought it was just the muffler that made it sound weird. It is almost like a gas engine with wires swapped around! Like a popping misfire that is consistent. I removed the muffler to test the theory and it still does it. At an idle it has a very slight miss you can hear through the exhaust. Does this sound like an injector issue? Like it has one that isn't firing properly or is out of time. It really runs pretty decent and throws no codes, but I honestly think it is down on power. I am just sick of how it sounds more than anything! Thanks for any help

Any white smoke out the exhaust? Fuel in the crankcase? If not, and it still runs decent, I'd drive it.

Does it have a slow start or does it fire right up? Like JA said, any haze at idle?