2004 smoking bad

cumminsforlife

The other day i put twins on a buddies truck and has ran great since the problem. The turbos are set to make 60lbs and does it with ease. So i stopped by his house to check up on him and see how he was doing and when i pulled up he put new exhaust on and started it when i got there and it sounded terrible so i told him to drive it to the barn to look at it. He shut it off and i popped the hood every thing looked fine so i told him to start it and take it to 2k really slow. At about 1500 rpm heard big pop and loud knock. I took valve cover off and vlave bridge on cylinder 4 exhaust fell off and was knocking. So i put it back on and adjusted all the valves. Got it back together and took it for a drive and drove ok. Pulled in drive way and shut it down and i left he took it back out and called me 15 min later and said he heard a knocking again and started white smokin bad. I thought valve dropped and i took valve cover off and every thing was fine started up and no knocking but white smoking really bad. Is the valve bent could it be an injector or valve guide seal? Its just weird how it ran fine then all the sudden started white smoking and help would be great.

Sounds like injector time to me. I would pull them and send them to be checked before driving it anymore. Won't take long to cause a lot more damage.

when my injectors went out..

white smoke and hanging rpms were the main symptoms.... as stated, pull em, test them, and if its on stock filtration, and trucks over 100K miles.. might be time for new injectors.. as stated