2005 new ecm no start

kole32

My buddy has a 2005 5.9 randomly it just died going down the road, narrowed it down to the ecm being bad. He sent it to a place in Illinois and they tried to fix it but said it died on the operating table. So he bought a new one from ams in Florida I believe, they sent him a new ecm already flashed to his vin. We checked all the grounds and cleaned them and put the new ecm on and it's just cranking over and never fires. It pulls up codes on the dash and after looking them up The abs module and pcm are not getting messages. I checked all the fuses and they're fine. The only weird thing is fuse 49 and 50 have no power going to them. I pulled the fuses out and checked at the terminals where the fuses go. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have seen several bad ECMs new from the reman places. But it could be something to do with those fuses. I'll look into those when I get a chance.

Ok good to know, he's got it scheduled to go the the dealership Friday. Hopefully they know what they are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back