2006 common rail connecting rods

Stockguy61

Looking to break into the 1000 hp range this winter. Looking to see what the hp rating is on various types of rods
I've heard stock are good till around 800 hp?
What are 12 valve rods rated for?
What about Carrillo rods? Really don't wanna spend the $$$ on them tho

What are people using? Thanks for any feed back.

Seems like most are Carrillo

D&J I believe are also now making their own as well as a few others

If you really want a 1000hp then you really should buy rods, because all of the factory rods are like playing with fire at that level.

96 3500 5x018 7mm dvs 62fmw

There are several guys who have run stock bottom ends over 1000hp but they must be tuned accordingly. You have to stay away from quick spool high torque tunes and make all your power up high in the rpm band.

96 3500 5x018 7mm dvs 62fmw

I have seen several 2.6 trucks running stock hardened rods. Depending how well you want to sleep at nights, you can decide on 12v rods or upgrade to billet. My theory is that with the common rail engine, you can tune the truck to have a butt load of torque at lower rpms than a mechanical engine. I think this is where the stress on the bottom end of an engine comes from.

I have VP rods in my commonrail. Truck makes 1200hp and no problems with rods. My turbos are quick spooling but my tuning limits torque to 1800-1900ft/lbs at around 3000rpm.

With twins I'd run carillos no questions
Big single and I'd run it stock or 12v rods
But wouldn't expect it to last forever but to me twins on a stock bottom end is very risky if your gonna be pushing it hard
If you have the budget go Carrillo if not roll the dice and take the chance.
I've ran my 06 on a stock bottom end for well over 2 years with a big single and its yet to skip a beat if I was running twins I don't think it would of lasted this long.

I made over 1000 on stock rods along with several other people that I'm friends with. Not saying it's the best setup but it can be done. People talked bad about them but I'm impressed with what they can handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk