2006 engine that was brought to me to rebuild. Horrible.

Gibson

There's no love in diesel
Three melted pistons and #6 cylender wall is pretty worn out. Lots of rust from corpus, tx. What y'all think? Rebuild from what's salvageable or find a take out engine??

9ea3cbe4.jpg

1188cc33.jpg

bfda97f4.jpg

what does the guy want stock rebuild or performance build??

Pretty much a reliable 500hp set up. Head studs, hd rod boltssim studs etc. it's going to be a work truck for a land clearing company and he doesn't want any failures down the road. Nothing wild. Just safe reliable build.

They are not reliable at 500 hp in stock form (motor)? Think someone was fibbin about how and what they are doin, be careful about what you commit to.

See what the machine shop says on the block and crank. Pretty obvious whats bad besides those.

I have 5 pistons out of a 06 with 2K on the rings in case you decide to rebuild with stock bore and sleeve if needed.

I'm takin to a machine shop Monday and get their opinion on head, block and crank. If its salvageable it will get a full rebuild with all brand new parts. If not I'll be looking for a take out engine for him.

Yeah that's what happens on the coast. It's been that way for two months. It just looks bad

gatta love corpus salt to air ratio. sounds like an old hayes carl song!

Back