2006 Mega Cab 4x4 SLT, billet tranny, etc.

Scooter's Roofing

Alright, I guess this is going to happen one way or another... seeing what kind of deals I can fish out on the forums. If it doesn't pan out, the truck is going back to stock and going on ebay.

2006 Mega Cab 103k miles
Flame Red w/ gray cloth
SLT package (power driver seat)
power windows/locks, power rear slider, sunroof, sirius 6 disk, Uconnect bluetooth
high end Clifford alarm with remote start, cooldown, color LCD remote/pager, up to 1 mile radius
Ranch hand front replacement bumper with hidden front receiver
rear replacement bumper (factory rear receiver hitch is still there)
GDP intake horn

I bought this truck with 65k miles on it from the original owner. Truck was virgin other than the front replacement bumper (I added the hidden receiver about 10k ago)

a month later, I had the transmission built. It was in perfect shape when torn down, but as we all know, the transmission is the weakest link in these trucks, and I didn't want to have any worries. And i haven't!

The transmission build includes an SFI flexplate, tripple disk billet converter (low stall), billet input shaft, billet output shaft, extra clutches/steels in the drums, custom valve body, etc. Just had the tranny serviced yesterday. Fluid was perfect and the bands had no wear (adjustment hadn't moved in 40k miles)

Last summer, I added 285/75 Dura Grapler tires. Truck currently has black powdercoated factory wheels, but I also have laramie alloys with brand new Michelins on them. The tires have ~15-20k miles on them and are wearing perfectly.

On that note, the front end of this truck is all original and is tight as new. The truck has never been offroad other than in my front yard. I have put it in 4wd only a few times to go up the gravel drive to our cabin in Colorado. You can go up it in 2wd no problem with a little momentum, but it's so much nicer to just walk up it in 4wd.

Truck currently has a Fleece stand alone VNT turbo setup on it consisting of a PDI T4 3pc manifold, a 64/71 Garrett Hypermax wheels stuffed into a .91 A/R VNT setup. Basicly it's their "Cheetah" VNT setup that they've been selling for years for Duramaxes with great success but set up for a Dodge. This is probably the thing that sets the truck apart from everything else out there. There are only two of these setups on Dodges. It spools and cools awesome, and sounds insane. LITERALLY turns heads and gets comments everywhere.

4" exhaust with 5" tailpipe. The VNT turbo makes the truck very quiet inside the cab unless you're under heavy load/throttle.

Oh yeah, the fact that there's three rolls of Raam Audio sound deadener in the truck also helps quiet it down.

the only fueling mod on the truck is a Smarty programmer...

this is not a super high power truck, just a great running/driving truck with a strong reliable tranny and a unique turbocharger setup. I don't have the money to try to make an 8000lb truck fast, but I do like having something that's fun to drive and turns some heads.

some pics and vids:

IMG_1079.jpg

truckstep.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg
(with the stock Michelins)

http://www.youtube.com/user/drunkondiesel#p/u/10/iNiznFLK4CM

http://www.youtube.com/user/drunkondiesel#p/u/9/AfEw_63lYCg

http://www.youtube.com/user/drunkondiesel#p/u/5/dkW3xstMALw

Asking $32k for the truck as it sits. I will entertain any/all offers. I will consider trade+ cash offers, straight trades, etc. No, I will not sell this truck for $25k... I can put it back to stock and get that for it on ebay. If you're looking for a 5.9 Mega Cab, you know what they're going for right now. I understand that you don't get all of your money out of your mods, nor am I looking for it... there's almost $10k in the tranny and turbo setup alone, and I already have offers on them.

asking $29k with stock turbo and exhaust manifold

my buddy would trade you a basicly stock 2007 dodge 3500 srw graphite, 4x4, 4 door. it has less than 60k miles on it...

pretty sure its the big horn edition with cloth interior, stock wheels with newer stock tires, hes got an intake horn on it, gauges, and thats about it. He was thinking about getting a trans soon and start modding it.

Why is there chrome on the hubcaps? Shame on you for leaving some chrome on it!

pretty sure its the big horn edition with cloth interior, stock wheels with newer stock tires, hes got an intake horn on it, gauges, and thats about it. He was thinking about getting a trans soon and start modding it.

tell him to make me a trade + cash offer, I'm always open to offers

Back