2006 or 2008 OEM 20" Wheels on 2003 F-250?

MacbooknMyTruck

Waiting and Wanting
I'm looking at these two sets of tires and I was wondering if these would work with a 2", 2.5", or 2.7" leveling kit on my truck. I also wanted to know if anyone has taken the rear blocks out of their F-250 FX4 as many are telling me to do that if I want to lower. But I can't decide between leveling and lowering. Please post any pics of wheels and tires mounted on your lowered or leveled F-250 and please leave specs of your truck as I am struggling to decide between the two. I want to blackout my truck so I would be powdercoating any rims black. BUT PLEASE POST ALL PICS POSSIBLE!!!! THANKS SO MUCH GUYS! COMPETITIONDIESEL.COM is helping me so much!

33" by what?

Those tires are basically 34x11". They might rub w/o a leveling kit and will definately rub if you lower it.

If you're going to black out your truck why not save $ and get black rims instead of wasting $ on chrome rims?

33" by what?

Those tires are basically 34x11". They might rub w/o a leveling kit and will definately rub if you lower it.

If you're going to black out your truck why not save $ and get black rims instead of wasting $ on chrome rims?

I do believe they are 285/75/16 but they might be 70 not sure, I'll check in the morning, but I would get black ones but I got a bud who's selling his 2008 wheels cheap, an the same with another bud who has 2006's, and I have a guy that can powdercoat for $40 a rim, I would get sone black ones but I just seem to have a lot of trouble trying to find a 20" wheel and tire combo that would fit on my truck with a two inch leveling kit:( I really want some but I have no idea where to start, and I thought these oem wheels might work since they are used on other f250s but I you can help me out please do!:)

So if I lower just the rear, you're saying they're gonna rub pretty bad, and if I leave it stock height, they might rub a little, so if I get a levelig kit, I'm all clear? Thanks!:)

I do know that they changed the offsets on the wheels in 2005 to go over the new breaks. I had a hard time finding wheels for my 2006 when I first bought it in Jan of 2006. The 2005 and newer trucks take like a +30 mm offset and the older ones are around 0 mm offset. I put some wheels off of an 04 on my 06 and they stuck out around an inch, so I don't think 06 or 08 wheels will fit on an 03. They would stick too far into the fender wheels without 1 inch spacers.

I do know that they changed the offsets on the wheels in 2005 to go over the new breaks. I had a hard time finding wheels for my 2006 when I first bought it in Jan of 2006. The 2005 and newer trucks take like a +30 mm offset and the older ones are around 0 mm offset. I put some wheels off of an 04 on my 06 and they stuck out around an inch, so I don't think 06 or 08 wheels will fit on an 03. They would stick too far into the fender wheels without 1 inch spacers.

I really want to achieve this look when its all done: Ford : F-250:eBay Motors (item 230341588217 end time May-13-09 16:31:21 PDT) So where can I get spacers? And will I still be able to tow heavy loads with them? I have to haul a 33' gooseneck horse trailer soo.....

Yeah I'm just removing the rear lift blocks to make the rear level with the front:) I have to tow a 15,000lb horse trailer and it the truck is too high for the trailer:( the trailer sits and like a 10 degree angle whereas I want it level:) thanks for all your help guys! I think I'm actually gonna go with some 22"x9.5" Helo wheels with some 305/45/22 Terra Grappler if they can haul my heavy loads, but I thy can't haul, Ill have to go with some 285/50/22 Dura Grapplers

Back