2008 6.7 alternator wiring

joefarmer

MR. Supreme Overlord
Anyone have a 2008 factory service manual?

I can't figure out what two wire colors are on the small alternator plug and where they connect to the ECM.

I believe the plug colors are red with a gray tracer C1 pin 24 and brown with a gray tracer C2 pin 19, but on my 2008 harness I only see a BR/GY and RD on the alternator connector?

Anyone have a 2008 factory service manual?

I can't figure out what two wire colors are on the small alternator plug and where they connect to the ECM.

I believe the plug colors are red with a gray tracer C1 pin 24 and brown with a gray tracer C2 pin 19, but on my 2008 harness I only see a BR/GY and RD on the alternator connector?

PM Krazeeun he is well schooled with this LOL

lol rub it in bluecollar, so what if i spent a grand trying to get my truck to charge right! lol

I would definitely help you out joe but i'm across the world for a while... if you don't get any luck try putting a post up in the 6.7 performance section on CF, you'll find someone to help you out there... or send a message to Acorn 616 (aron nick), he'll help you out too

lol rub it in bluecollar, so what if i spent a grand trying to get my truck to charge right! lol

I would definitely help you out joe but i'm across the world for a while... if you don't get any luck try putting a post up in the 6.7 performance section on CF, you'll find someone to help you out there... or send a message to Acorn 616 (aron nick), he'll help you out too

You did get all that ironed out right? I am probably going to delete my pass side when my stock batterys go out.

i don't know why but the truck was absolutely pissed off until i put the 2nd battery back in, it's got two yellow tops now with the charge/slave cable from the shop superstock truck since I hacked my old one up!

That being said, the shop truck only has one battery... it's just fine.

FML

Got it. Had to wire one alternator pin (BN/GY) to C1-40 and one pin to (RD) to C1-28. Thanks to Kevin for the assist.