2008 superduty cummins swap

black4x4

Cheater Motor sports
Has anyone done a cummins swap in place of a 6.4L in a 2008 or newer superduty yet?

A few have and it's a major undertaking if you want the dash to work.

the reason I ask is I can get a 08 f250 crew long bed 4wd for 10k but the motor has a nock in it and I was wondering what it would take.

that is correct, for some dubai oil princes or something. 6.4 would work for me tho!

It went to a contractor over in Iraq that had the issue with "questionable" fuel supply over there. Didn't want to chance messing up the complicated 6.4 fuel system. I think they mentioned when something breaks out there and your not in a American troops populated area you abandon it basically.

It went to a contractor over in Iraq that had the issue with "questionable" fuel supply over there. Didn't want to chance messing up the complicated 6.4 fuel system. I think they mentioned when something breaks out there and your not in a American troops populated area you abandon it basically.

Incorrect....it's for some rich guy and the truck is still here. It's coming back to Houston soon for custom paint to go with the custom interior and have the final tune up done on it in Richmond before it leaves. A 900+ HP truck isn't a contractor truck. LOL

Incorrect....it's for some rich guy and the truck is still here. It's coming back to Houston soon for custom paint to go with the custom interior and have the final tune up done on it in Richmond before it leaves. A 900+ HP truck isn't a contractor truck. LOL

My apologies..I thought I read it on PSN that he had built a truck for someone working over seas.

so does the 6.4 have a 5r110 behind it for an auto? also when doing this swap and keeping the ford tranny do you need to run a stand alone controller like the one destroked.com has? also if I use the adapter destroked has to take a 5r110 to cummins do I also need to use there flywheel or can I use a stocker.

for wiring does anyone know if I just use the stock harness and ecm from the ford with the ford sending units in the cummins to make the guages work?

so does the 6.4 have a 5r110 behind it for an auto? also when doing this swap and keeping the ford tranny do you need to run a stand alone controller like the one destroked.com has? also if I use the adapter destroked has to take a 5r110 to cummins do I also need to use there flywheel or can I use a stocker.
You need their flexplate too.
for wiring does anyone know if I just use the stock harness and ecm from the ford with the ford sending units in the cummins to make the guages work?
Nope...doesn't work like the older ones. Hooking up the dash is about the hardest part of ther whole swap...or so I've heard.