2009 pulling rules completed

53 willy

We finished the rules for the 2009 season, tried to change things to the way everyone wanted. To view them go to dhraonline.com and click on the classes. Thanks Kyle Jackson

I think the Super Street turbo rule is a little contradicting.

The vehicle is limited to a single turbocharger; the inducer bore on the compressor housing may be no larger than 2.8 inches measured at the smallest diameter area of the compressor housing. A bushing may be used to downsize the compressor housing ahead of the wheel.

Says your inducer bore may be no larger than 2.8 measured at the smallest diameter, and then says a bushing may be used.​

If there is a bushing in then it is part of the housing. Pretty close to the same wording we had for yrs before the no bushing change in 08.

Never mind, I read the street rules and then read these too fast. It makes since now.

ohh, been working on sled and enclosed all weekend, read it as a 2.65 class and not a 2.60

Only thing that I see as strange is the 2 cut tires are allowed in Super Street now. What is up with that?

2.65 is allowed in street. We changed it due to at almost every pull this summer we had at least on truck with a 66mm street charger and they had to pull in the 2.8 class becuase it has a 2.6 wheel, so the housing is larger than 2.6. Cut tires arent allowed in super street, You must have read Pro Mod. Kyle

Sorry old Super Street (Unlimited single 3.2 twin class). Questions still the same where did that come from?

we just thought with open driveline some of them might want to try them to work up to super mod. They arent required.

Why would you do that, Do you realy think guy;s that run DOT tire all the time are going to show up if they know that there will be some there with the cut tires.If those guy's want to run them.They can just bump up a class then.

Bingo, We have a winner. Thanks Dale.

Half the point of that class was to see who could make big power and put it down with DOT tires.:bang