2011 Dodge has more power

wilddiesel

Well I see that the new specs are out for Dodge 350hp 800Lb torque for all trucks after feb 2011 build. Also new PCM and torque convertor. You can tell if it has the 800# torque by new badging on the tailgate that says High output 800

Its only the auto trucks that's gay. The manual trucks are stuck with 650 tq that's retarted if you ask me. Is ram trying to get rid of the manual?

Nice!!

Wish I had to coin to buy one!!

Thinking a stock reliable truck sounds good right about now!! lol

I would say not, but its easier foir them to control emissions if they can control where the truck is going to shift.

Well I see that the new specs are out for Dodge 350hp 800Lb torque for all trucks after feb 2011 build. Also new PCM and torque convertor. You can tell if it has the 800# torque by new badging on the tailgate that says High output 800

PCM? I didn't think the new trucks had a PCM?

But I haven't looked, or cared either....mine runs:D

It would be nice if they would upgrade us 2010-2011 owners as well.....but it will never happen!

Chris

Humm, sounds like at least a test drive is in order. This is something I didn't need to hear. 800ft*lbs and no exhaust fluid, this could hurt the wallet!!

Tobin

hmmm

thought i read on the other site that they were goin to 390 horses or so?

hmmm

thought i read on the other site that they were goin to 390 horses or so?

I don't believe thats right, I think what they are saying is that there is a 40hp increase at a certain rpm so it gets to 350 faster in the curve but still remains at 350 overall hp. That is if I understood the article correctly.

not saying i don't believe ya but do you have anything to back this up? id like to read more about it

Its only the auto trucks that's gay. The manual trucks are stuck with 650 tq that's retarted if you ask me. Is ram trying to get rid of the manual?

Other than the emissions comment that was listed, it is difficult to get a manual transmission that will reliably hold up to 800 ft lbs in a light GVWR (light compared to medium duty trucks), withstand the abuse of the driver, and last long enough to make it through warranty. $.02

Any idea what is different in the HO motor? Just programming or will it receive any better hard parts?

Tobin

Big deal, My 02 had over 900 lbs with just an HX40, 60 hp injectors and a TST Comp box and it looks better. Less than $1500 and a DD clutch cost me less than $1000. Figure in the $500 FASS and I am in it for $3000+ the truck. For what that truck costs new I could have two diesel trucks and no truck payment. And still have enough money left for 3-4 new VP44's LOL

And I don't have to pass emissions :D

Last edited:
If they do away with the manuals I hope the worth of my 10' 6-speed manual goes through the roof!!! :woohoo:

If they do away with the manuals I hope the worth of my 10' 6-speed manual goes through the roof!!! :woohoo:

I can not see it happening as that is a huge selling point for alot of guys. But when you have the option of a 800ftlb auto vs a 650ftlb manual that may change.

But to comment earlier about the added HP sooner. You have to expect the HP to come on sooner due to the added torque. But this seems that they are using the tuning from the ISB6.7 that is used in the Fire Trucks. I they are rated 350hp 800ftlbs. SOmebody correct me on this, dont those 6.7's from the fire trucks use the HE451V turbo?