2012 6.7 cummins

Derekveneman

Any one having any electrical issues? First start up of the day it will make the cab lights flicker. the rpms are also fluctuating for a couple seconds as i start her up. it scares me. could it be faulty injectors?:nail:

Reason I ask is mine does fluctuates with the cycling of the grid heater. As in the heater kicks in, battery voltage drops slightly due to the load of the heater, lights all flicker momentarily rpms drop slightly and everything returns to normal once the heater kicks off. Repeat sequence until temp sensor is satisfied and grid heater stops cycling.

grid heaters will be a steady cycle, for a few seconds at a time. If stuff is flickering, I don't think it's the grid.

By flickering I mean dim and then come back to normal in sequence with the heater cycle. To the OP I think we need some more details to determine if it's the grid or an actual issue.

Reason I ask is mine does fluctuates with the cycling of the grid heater. As in the heater kicks in, battery voltage drops slightly due to the load of the heater, lights all flicker momentarily rpms drop slightly and everything returns to normal once the heater kicks off. Repeat sequence until temp sensor is satisfied and grid heater stops cycling.

The RPMs with go to 600 then to 700 then 600 in a matter of seconds. It scares me cause I had a engine failure that looked like this a while back

It's just the grid heater doing its cycles. Mine you can see the lights dim and the engine rpms drop. When grid stops heating all is well again. Don't sound like a problem to me.

Not sure where you are from but I just did heater grid delete and I love it. No more going through batteries and here in Texas it not something that I will worry about.