2012 Grid Heat Delete

brucer

Installed a GDP Air Boss 6.7 Grid Heat Delete kit today - more than impressed with the results - my EGT's stay lower than 1200 all the time unless I stomp it from a dead stop. - even at 120 MPH and 31 psi boost the EGT's are about 1180 - whereas they used to keep trying to jump up over 1700 if I wasn't careful.

One thing to watch if you're installing the kit is that if you've got an H&S intake horn, the middle bolt on the back is NOT long enough and you also need to machine the intake horn a little to make room for the cylinder #1 high pressure line fitting.

Installed a GDP Air Boss 6.7 Grid Heat Delete kit today - more than impressed with the results - my EGT's stay lower than 1200 all the time unless I stomp it from a dead stop. - even at 120 MPH and 31 psi boost the EGT's are about 1180 - whereas they used to keep trying to jump up over 1700 if I wasn't careful.

One thing to watch if you're installing the kit is that if you've got an H&S intake horn, the middle bolt on the back is NOT long enough and you also need to machine the intake horn a little to make room for the cylinder #1 high pressure line fitting.

Sorry, this is inaccurate. My tuner was showing that it was in 'Hot' but it was only giving me 'Mild' power. I reinstalled the tune in my tuner and now I do still defuel quite quickly in the hot setting due to going over 1700 - there is a noticable improvement with the grid heat delete though.

-20 F this morning and she started with ease - no grid heater. ...of course block heater was plugged in.

Yeah I havnt had much use for them in south Texas. Had plenty of 5.9's deleted in 15-20* weather. That's effin cold for me!

My truck will barely start in 20 degree weather. It wouldn't like -20 too much I don't believe.

:rockwoot:So how hard was the whole install, And how much did you have to machine the h&s manifold ?