22.5's help me out please

chuggins10

hey guys my buddy is lookin for a set of 22.5's and were wanting to build the adapters to save some money we were wanting to know if anybody has done this or if u know of anybody that has thanks guys

strokinnochokin said:
hey guys my buddy is lookin for a set of 22.5's and were wanting to build the adapters to save some money we were wanting to know if anybody has done this or if u know of anybody that has thanks guys

sounds like an accident waiting to happen...just buy them..you will probably spend more money trying to duplicate some adapters rather then just buying them..they are on ebay for a descent price. JMO

mine is old..when I did mine 4 years ago I had 4K in the tires,wheels and adapters. But thats for Michilien* tires..you can save money by getting cheaper tires,but I don't recommend that if you value your ride quality.

Tires are more expensive now.

Dont take this the wrong way, but if he can afford to roll on over 4 grand in aluminum, he can prolly afford to buy the adapters and know that they will work right

the reason that were wanting to make them and save money is because were getting a set of of a wrecked rig for a pretty cheap price... wat do a good set of adapters usually cost

does your truck ride really rough know or is it still prtty smooth... how much lift did you have to put on it with them.... how do the tires wear i expect them to last 100,000 or well over did u just get new ones to have a better quality tire

um..they last a good while..I kinda F'ed up my first set.. IE bad ball joints so the camber was out just enough to cup the tires. then trying to achevie a perfect ride I lowered the fronts down to 35psi which made them ride good but played hell on the tires. I also went with a long haul tire(told it was the best for smoothness) it was smooth..but its not made for city driving or a 'high scrub" application like turning and stuff. I was thinking the this entire time that I was gonna get 100K out of the tires so i did burnouts and stuff..soooo..thats what happened to the rears.

I replaced them with the Michilien XZE they are for 'high scrub' applications. All my ball joints are new and the front end is aligned properly. Also Im not letting the PSI down that low again. So needless to say, These tires will last till I sell it. I got approx.70K out of them.

I have a fabtech 3.5" hanger kit in the front. Truck rides fine. Its all in the tire and somones ability to balance them.

Some may last 100K..mine didnt, but some of that was my fault.

IMG_0363.jpg

P9240055.jpg

DSC02963.jpg

I dont have any GREAT pics of huge smoke burn out..but it would do it..but not anymore..LOL 392 per tires is way too much..

it takes me a total of 1/2 of a second to get big smoke rolloing with these daytons