241 DHD T-case

RedPuller

Diesel Inside
I am selling my 241 DHD transfer case out of my '98 Dodge 3500. It possibly needs a rebuild and I have not opened it up to find out what could be wrong, if anything. I say this cuz when I removed it from the truck, the ATF fluid was black and seemed burned with a little bit of fine aluminum metallic looking dust in it. It operated fine before I removed it, and my guess is a possible bearing seizure/failure.
It has the flange output shaft for the front driveshaft and the slip-yoke style for the rear driveshaft. 29 spline input from the transmission ext. housing. Take it off my hands for $350~obo + shipping.

Joe

So all the times you said you "grenaded" your tranfer case doing some light 4 wheeling, in actuality you never did break it? WTF!?!

-Tom

I don't know what happened to it, Tom. I haven't had the time to fully examine it. I just know it made some funny noises, was still operating fine and the fluid was black and burned as described. For all I know it could be grenaded but I do know I never used the term "grenaded." I just know it needs to be opened up and possibly rebuilt, hence why I only want $350 for it.

Bump.

Nobody lookin for a 241? Howz $300 flat sound.

Sorry for the unknown condition other than what was described but this thing could use a little TLC and a new, good home. :)

Joe

dodge359 said:
Does it have the hole for the speedo in the tailhousing?
I have the housing for the speedo gear. Oh and uh... bump for Red Puller:Cheer:

DWitcher said:
I have the housing for the speedo gear. Oh and uh... bump for Red Puller:Cheer:
Cool thanks...... does that mean you might want it?? :poke:

If I could talk her into that maybe I wouldnt be working on my truck all the time.:hump: