24v Head on 12v motor.

Blackbumper

Could be worse!
I have heard of people swapping a 24v head on to a 12v motor and was wondering what it all takes? What all would you need to change I know Injectors and cam but what about pistons or anything else.

Why on earth would you want to step down! I'll admit that the injector angle is better but that is it. There are plenty of good 12V injectors out there.

Nice Pic Smokem......classic

Jim

Jim Fulmer said:
Why on earth would you want to step down! I'll admit that the injector angle is better but that is it. There are plenty of good 12V injectors out there.

Nice Pic Smokem......classic

Jim

Like I said in the original post I have heard some people have tried this and after looking at the flow numbers they flow quite a bit more than the stock 12v. I was curious as to what it all takes to see if the benefits outway the negatives. That and I found 2 new complete 24v heads for 600 a piece.

I second the head ported and polished idea, the $$$ difference will greatly out weigh the gain.

Thanks for the feed back after looking around some more I agree money will be better spent on the 12v. Does anyone have any feedback on the chinese heads I see that some of the shops that do porting are using them?

Blackbumper said:
Thanks for the feed back after looking around some more I agree money will be better spent on the 12v. Does anyone have any feedback on the chinese heads I see that some of the shops that do porting are using them?

I heard some reports of cracking with these ported chinese heads, they may be cheaper, but the quality in the iron is lacking.:badidea:

RacinDuallie said:
I heard some reports of cracking with these ported chinese heads, they may be cheaper, but the quality in the iron is lacking.:badidea:

I second that we have had a couple come in for work nd they are junk.

A good port job will make a 12v head come alive....

Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
Back