24v oil pressure adapter fitting

gatorskinseats5

bought destrokeds adapter fittings for 40 bucks plus shipping which is pretty ridiculous for some 5 dollar a piece fittings... The water temp fitting is something I can get at summit racing, and the oil pressure adapter is not to be used where the stock 24v oil pressure sensor is located because the adapter is 1/8 npt and the 24v oil pressure sensor has the same threads as a 4an thread. destroked tried to tell me its some one off fitting you cant find anywhere but I can get an adapter fitting from autozone that does the same thing for less than 5 dollars!

destroked says "oh well we take the 1/8" npt plug from the oil filter housing and put it there". yeah, that'd work if I didn't have an exhaust manifold! but unfortunately I do have an exhaust manifold so there is no room for the adaptor and sensor. one solution with this fitting is to get a 90* fitting with male and female 1/8 npt threads and make sure it can be facing away from the engine and remain tight, so I can direct the sensor away from this stupid exhaust manifold my engine has. another solution is to create an exhaust manifold delete kit which im not exactly sure what kind of black magic id need to make that work but people have been telling me its not very practical.

another solution is to buy destrokeds oil filter relocation kit! whew just what I need since my oil filter is in such a tough spot to get to. not really though, that's just sarcasm. and finally the solution I was hoping for when ordering such expensive "one off" fittings from a company that profits off cummins conversion stuff; a fitting that will thread into the STOCK LOCATION OF THE OIL PRESSURE SENSOR. does one exist? from ford 7.3 oil pressure sensor threads to dodge 24v oil pressure sensor threads... its just pretty damn annoying for a company that should have simple parts like this to not have these parts and take alternate stupid routes to achieve the same thing. I don't want an oil filter relocation kit just so I can have oil pressure readings. I just want to be able to use the stock sensor location because that's the most practical spot! destroked tells me they don't use the factory sensor location in their builds, so they cant help me. really shows how much they care about customer satisfaction

2001 mexico block. also the plugs lining that side of the block are rather frozen in the block and the allen head on em just strips so I cant use any other location other than the stock one

I had the same issue with oil/coolant fittings. I am gonna put a temp sensor inline with the upper rad hose, and figure out the oil pressure.

not to mention my engine sits at a 5 degree tilt to the drivers side, but they said that is due to the stock cummins fan fitting into the ford rad shroud(which i couldn't use anyway), and i didnt get a wiring diagram for the 24v ecu and how to power it, got that through autoworld.

I had the same issue with oil/coolant fittings. I am gonna put a temp sensor inline with the upper rad hose, and figure out the oil pressure.

not to mention my engine sits at a 5 degree tilt to the drivers side, but they said that is due to the stock cummins fan fitting into the ford rad shroud(which i couldn't use anyway), and i didnt get a wiring diagram for the 24v ecu and how to power it, got that through autoworld.

that's pretty weird. im not running a mechanical engine fan but my motor sits totally level in there with destroked mounts. I ordered a fitting last night that ought to work with a little modification. its a 4an female (7.3 oil pressure sensor threads) to 6an male (01 cummins oil pressure threads). ill have to grind away the flare on the 6an side and add an oring but it ought to work.

as for water temp sensor adapter look on the passenger side of the head just above the exhaust manifold. the head is lined with plugs with 3/8 socket squares like the oil drain plug. take one of the plugs out and find an adapter at summit racing that will fit. should be around a 5/8 male and around 1/2 inch npt or whatever the 7.3 temp sensor threads are. definitely way easier than fabbin something up in the radiator hose id think, and you can run the sensor in the very back of the engine and hide the wires well for a clean look.

o and I had initially swapped a 12v in this truck but then I found a ppumped 24v for an affordable price and I swapped out the already ppumped 12v, so my wiring was pretty damn simple lol

well, mine is an old 5.4L truck so i'll have to buy new sensors, i'll look at what i can do for fittings because i would really like to have my dash work instead of putting more and more a/m gauges all over my dash and a-pillar.

ty for the idea.

well the fitting I got is a swivel fitting meant for a an flare connection and I didn't really feel like stuffing an oring in there and hoping it sealed so I looked for a new adapter. I found the exact adapter necessary [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Hose-Adapter-16-20-16-18-Steel/dp/B008686HOQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371505977&sr=8-1&keywords=7%2F16-20+9%2F16-18+orb"]Amazon.com: Hose Adapter, ORB, 7/16-20 x 9/16-18, Steel: Home Improvement@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31KHn-z3EYL.@@AMEPARAM@@31KHn-z3EYL[/ame]