24v p7100 not pumping!

Morrison

im doing a 24v p pump conversion. no matter how much i try i cant figure out why the pump wont release fuel from the DV's. the pump has an input pressure of 35psi and the rack isnt stuck.the fuel shut off is in the on position. i have tried starting it with the fuel throttle wide open still no fuel from the dv's.i could crank the truck over for a week non stop still no fuel.

HELP!!

In which direction is the fuel shut off? is it forward or is back towards the cab?

Also you did tighten the nut on the pump gear up right

Last edited:
im doing a 24v p pump conversion. no matter how much i try i cant figure out why the pump wont release fuel from the DV's. the pump has an input pressure of 35psi and the rack isnt stuck.the fuel shut off is in the on position. i have tried starting it with the fuel throttle wide open still no fuel from the dv's.i could crank the truck over for a week non stop still no fuel.

HELP!!

Just to clarify (incase you don't know), the pump is automatically in the run position. Lever should be up/forward. Pushing it down kills it. Pull one of the DV holders out and make sure you have fuel in the barrels.

If you have fuel, pump nut tightened correctly, and the shut off pulled towards the front of the truck or pulled up on.. you should see fuel coming from the pump. I just did this, and after the pump sitting for some time was able to get fuel right through it. I cracked all of the lines and made sure fuel was coming through the filter, to the pump. Through the pump, and out of the return. If you have those, and the shut off in the right position, check. Go for fire.

Pull a dv holder and turn the motor over to make sure the plungers are going up and down.

Sounds like stuck plungers. Was the pump set up dry??? I screwed up one like that.

Back